Huttcross 2021 Season
Huttcross 2021 Club Membership is OPEN!!
Club members get to race for FREE at all Club Winter Races (there are five on offer).
Separate entry fees apply for NI CX Schools Champs and Aotearoa Crossfest (we are hosting BOTH of those this season!!).
Club members also get five spot prize draw entries regardless of the number of rounds you participate in as well as the good feels for supporting the biggest cyclocross club in New Zealand!
Save the dates
COVID-19 Club Policy
Huttcross events will only run if the Wellington region is in Alert Level 1.
- Fundamentally, these are community events and we feel that the ethos of pandemic alert level changes are about keeping our community safe, which we respect.
- Huttcross events are run by a small dedicated group of volunteers. We simply do not have the additional resource or manpower to operate with increased marshalling to ensure social distancing is obeyed or to separate races and extend the schedule further.
- Cyclocross is inherently about rubbing shoulders and racing in a close contact environment. Huttcross events are held in public parks which offer open access to spectators and general public who want to enjoy the spectacle of the event and/or participate in their own recreation. This is all excellent for the sport but incredibly challenging for contact tracing.
- A number of our club stalwarts who keep the cogs turning behind the scenes are involved with work in the health sector. Their own workload changes dramatically with pandemic alert level changes.
North Island Schools CX Championships
We’re stoked that cyclocross has been added to the NZ Schools Cycling calendar and are very proud to host the inaugural North Island Schools CX Championships in 2021.
Check out the School Toolkit for info on how to set up a team.
Aotearoa 'Cross Fest (ACXF)
Huttcross is proud to be hosting Aotearoa Crossfest in August 2021. After a cancelled event in 2020 due to the global pandemic, we are looking forward to bringing a full weekend festival of cyclocross to the Hutt Valley for everyone across Aotearoa to enjoy.
This two-day event includes an allcomers Run What You Brung race, NZ Singlespeed CX & Tracklocross Championships, Mighty CX and KindyCross for the tamariki, as well as full-noise NZ National CX Championship races for Elites and Age Grades.
Saturday 14 August 2021
|Open Practice||10:00 – 12:00|
|Rego||09:00 – 14:00|
|CX Skills Clinic||60||09:00 – 10:00|
|RWYB / Allcomers||30||12:00 – 12:30|
|Mighty CX (U6, U8)||20 (1 lap)||13:00 – 13:20|
|Mighty CX (U10, U12)||20 (2 laps)||13:20 – 13:40|
|SSCX & Tracklocross Nationals||30||14:00 – 14:30|
|Open Practice||15:00 – 16:00|
Sunday 15 August 2021
|Open Practice||08:00 – 09:00|
|Rego||08:00 – 12:00|
|Men M1, M2||45||09:00 – 09:45|
|Men M3, M4, M5||45||10:15 – 11:00|
|Men U15, U17, U19||40||11:30 – 12:10|
|Open Practice||12:20 – 12:45|
|Women WE, WU, WJ All Masters, U15, U17||45||13:00 – 13:45|
|Men ME, MU||60||14:30 – 15:30|
|Run What You Brung||Any (except e-bikes/pedal assist)||Any||Any||Any|
|SSCX||Fully rigid – MTB/CX||Max 40mm width||Drops or flat bars||One|
|Tracklocross||Fully rigid – MTB/CX||Max 40mm width||Drops or flat||Fixed wheel|
|CX (UCI), U19, U23, Elite||CX only||Max 33mm width||Drops||Any|
|CX (non UCI), All Masters, U17, U15||CX only||Max 35mm width||Drops||Any|
- 9:00am Registration desk opens
- 9:30am Course practice (30 min)
- 10:00am C Grade (30 min)
- 10:40am Mighty Cross (20 min)
- 11:00am Mini Cross (10 min)
- 11:15am Registration closes (after this time, you can still collect your chip if you entered online)
- 11:30am B Grade (45 min)
- 12:15pm Course practice (15 min)
- 12:30pm A Grade (60 min) – CX bikes only