Who do these rules apply to?
- These rules apply to all Huttcross Club members -
if you're a member of the Club, you've agreed to be bound
by bylaws of the Club (such as these rules).
- People who aren't Huttcross Club members will be asked
to agree to comply with these rules when entering a
When do these rules apply?
- These rules apply in relation to all Huttcross race
events - before, during and after races. There may also
be other rules that apply in relation to individual
So, what are the rules?
- Be a decent human being. Everyone is at a Huttcross
race to have a good time, so don't do things that
interfere with other people's enjoyment of the race.
That means you should only perform rad passing
manoeuvres, jumps, skids, etc. when you know it won't
pose a risk to people near you.
- Ride within your ability. Falling off can hurt. Make
sure you're comfortable riding the course, including
by checking out the course before your race start.
- Stay in the tape, go over the obstacles as designed.
No one likes a course-cutter.
- You're responsible for having a bike that works and is
safe. Check bolts are tight, wheels are attached, and your
bike is free of spinning knives, lasers, and explosive
ordnance. And you must have at least one working brake.
- Use appropriate cycling kit. That means a non-broken
helmet, shoes, and at least some clothing. Have even
more clothing if it's cold (which it probably will be).
- Help anyone who is injured. This ain't no World Cup.
- Keep off the course when other races are on. There
will be time for you to try out the course between
races - don't mess with others peoples' races and the
timers by going on the course when it's not your turn.
- No burglars. Don't race down a grade only to claim a
hollow, crushing victory over someone who has been
working hard all season with the aim of taking
their first win in a brutal battle to the line.
- Be careful when around the event area. That
includes avoid scratching cars, running over other
people's bicycles, or starting brawls. You're also
responsible for ensuring any children in your care are
- We own your image. Well, not exactly. But we may
use photos of you in promotional or other published
material. And we make no guarantees that they'll be
- The organisers may boot you out. If we think you're
causing problems, we have full discretion to remove you
from the race without a refund.
The Hüttcross constitution:
As an incoroprated society we have a constitution, you can
read that here